- Sun-Sat 10:00 AM – 09:00
Phone: +971 4 341 5005
971 55 717 7111
Ask the Experts
Botox and Fillers
Are you currently searching related to botox and fillers? You need not to worry. Just let me break it down and clarify its meaning, effectiveness and treatment for you.
Whereas the treatments for wrinkle reduction are massively growing. Moreover, these treatment options include, botox and dermal fillers as the long lasting treatment methods.
Doctors mainly use botox and dermal fillers in their offices as cosmetic treatments. However, these are slightly invasive but they do not involve invasive surgical procedures.
But this is the only common characteristic that these both share.
Botox and fillers are gaining rapid popularity with time as reported by American Association of Plastic Surgeons, in 2015 more than 9 million cosmetic procedures accounted for these.
Now let us look at these both separately, in the comprehensive detail below.
Fillers are a method for regaining a youthful complexion, minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by creating volume in the inner layers of skin. Cosmetic fillers can be used to restore fullness to lips and cheeks with a natural-looking result.
What is Botox?
Botox comprises of the purified bacteria form of botulinum toxin.
Whereas the higher doses of this toxin is deadly, but the cosmetic doctors have been using extremely small measured amounts to repair wrinkles for many decades now.
Uses of Botox
The uses of Botox include:
- It is a bacterial muscle relaxer with easy access in drug stores for many years now. Its uses also include the treatment for muscle weakness in people with neurological disorders. Moreover, its uses extend in the treatment for migraines and other related medical illnesses.
- While keeping wrinkle treatment as the focus, it also helps in treating dynamic wrinkles. These are the wrinkles that appear naturally on your facial skin, specially around your eyes, eyebrows and mouth. They get more visible and increase in number with the increase in age. The botulinum toxin helps in the relaxation of the muscle underneath these wrinkles and age lines. This temporary freezing of muscles decrease the emergence of dynamic wrinkles.
- However, collagen breakdown results in the appearance of fine lines on your face. But botox doesn’t help in treating these fine lines.
The procedure involves the doctor injecting the botulinum toxin only in those muscles that result in wrinkles and you want them treated. The procedure includes injecting the bacteria within few minutes. Moreover, the results become noticeable within few weeks after the treatment.
What are dermal fillers?
The fillers, commonly referred as dermal fillers or soft tissue fillers, involve the materials that increase the volume and add fullness to the skin after injecting them. Therefore, the dermal fillers basically contain substances that help in adding body and volume to the thinned portions of skin, as a result of age.
The thinning and loss of volume occurs most commonly in the the cheeks, lips and the skin around your mouth.
What Substances are Used in Face Fillers Injections?
Various substances can be used for providing volume and fulness to the skin. Some of these include,
- A mineral-like compound which is also found in bones. This is calcium hydroxylapatite.
- The element that increases plumpness of your skin and it is also present in the fluids and cells of your body. This is Hyaluronic acid.
- A clear gel that works in harmony with your body includes Polyalkylimide.
- The acid that increases the production of collagen by your skin includes Polylactic acid.
- A filler considered as semi permanent includes Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA).
The use of all these substances is evident in treatment of the symptoms of the normal ageing process or the signs resulted from other cosmetic problems.
Uses of Dermal Fillers
There are various uses of dermal filler including,
- These help in the treatment of face wrinkles.
- However, the primary use of the filler involve treating the smile lines but they can also prove helpful in plumping and adding volume to the skin around lips and cheeks.
- Their use may often include hand treatment. While, sometimes they are also used to decrease the scars and blemishes present on your skin.
- However, these are currently used only for face and related areas and they are not yet tested for other body parts like breasts and hips.
Moreover, the time to provide the visible effective results along with the duration for their durability also differs from one individual to another. Some of these show a durability of half a year while the others may last till 2 years or more.
Therefore, it is very important to discuss your requirements and expectation, with your doctor, prior to the treatment. The best choice of filler is decided by the doctor, basically depending on your needs.
Botox and Dermal Fillers Treatment
There are different treatment revolving around botox and fillers. These mainly vary depending on the location of insertion.
Let us discuss these before jumping into their efficacy.
Botox Lips/ Lips Fillers
The botox lips is most commonly used in cosmetic field to decrease the upper and lower lip creases. Therefore, they help in elevating the corners of your mouth.
Moreover, the lips fillers help in making your lips more plump and add volume to your lips.
Botox Face/ Face Fillers
The botox face plays an important role in relaxing and softening your wrinkles by injecting the bacteria. The injection hinders the contraction of your treated muscle. It is most commonly used to treat the lines in forehead, around crow’s feet and frown lines.
These are used to reduce the wrinkles around your face area. These fill the wrinkles and lines giving more plumped look and it may last up to several years.
These both come with the risk for certain side effects as all the drugs do. Therefore, the prior health conditions need to be discussed with your doctor before starting the treatment procedure.
It is only recommendable to the people with good health condition.
Its common side effects include,
- Bruises and marks after the injecting substances
- Drooped eyelids, taking up to many weeks to settle
- Redness and itching in the eyes
It is recommended for the people,
- Pregnant woman or someone who is nursing their children
- Fragile muscles of face
- Already existing skin issues like deep scars
- People with other neuromuscular diseases
However, certain eyedrops can help in decreasing the chances for developing side effects. These are taken before the the procedure.
Moreover, it involves reducing the intake of blood thinners, a few days before the treatment to prevent from bruising.
It also shows some side effects as the previous one. However, the severe side effects are very rare. Moreover, the moderate side effects fade away on their own within a week.
Some of its side effects include,
- Allergic reactions
- Scarring and bruising
- Itching and irritation
- Redness and hives
- Sores and lesions
However, in rare case prolonged swelling can result as a side effects. However, ice packs help significantly in removing the temporary freezing and swelling of that particular area.
Therefore, a prior allergy test is very important before initiating the process of dermal filler.
Best Botox and Fillers in Dubai
The procedure is not all about treatment. It involves all the procedures, friendliness and assistance by the staff as well.
The treatment related to botox and fillers needs proper attention to ensure good hygiene standards. Moreover, clients need to have prior allergy tests to avoid future complications.
Why Choose Us?
The Royal European Poly Clinic, takes pride in providing the best results in botox and fillers.
Our highly skilled staff provides the best assistance and treatment.
Moreover, our clinic uses the latest equipments to deliver the excellent and long lasting results.
Botox and Fillers Near Me in Affordable Prices
Our clinic aims at providing our clients with consistent and best possible outcomes. Therefore, to ensure that we maintain the following,
- Higher quality service along with well-planned treatment method for botox and fillers.
- The proven treatment method that ensures the best output and excellent visible results.
- Our high skilled staff assist you before, during and after treatment. Moreover, they make sure comfort and convenience throughout the treatment procedure.
- Provides outstanding results while opting minimally invasive techniques.
- Proving after treatment facilities and ensuring fast and complete healing.
The purified bacteria present in botox, help in freezing the muscles at the site of administration. Moreover, the application includes the botox blocking the nerve signals, reaching that particular muscle, at the site of administration. As a result of this nerve blockage, the corresponding muscle results is partial paralysis for the time being. Therefore with this partial facial paralysis, some of the lines and wrinkles may soften, decrease or even diminish.
Hence, it helps in decreasing the facial lines and wrinkles on your face resulting from facial expressions. Neuromodulators and neurotoxins are the other botox related treatment procedures available. These treatments mainly comprise of the brand names including Botox Cosmetic, Dysport and Xeomin.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology has provided evident researches to the support the results of botox. Moreover, the effective results begin to appear after a few days after treatment.
However, there are a few side effects but they are short lived and go away on their own. There are chances of you not noticing its full effectiveness in the presence of certain conditions. Therefore, it is really important to talk to your doctor about the possible potential risks before starting the treatment.
The best part about it is that it does not require any recovery time and it allows you to continue your daily activities right away. The results of botox till three to four months and its further maintenance require additional treatments.
Its effectiveness is more than a botox overall. One reason is because it lasts longer than the former. But the difference in the results highly depends on the type of filler used in your case.
However, it also requires maintenance or it wears off with time without additional treatments.