It is the most well-known cosmetic procedure right now. Because of its amazing results, Botox in Dubai continues to gain momentum.
In its simplest sense, it is basically a drug. This drug aims to paralyze the muscles when you give it in small doses.
However while it definitely has medical purposes, this treatment is also effective when we use for beauty reasons especially when it comes to your wrinkles.
For years it has been gaining momentum as Botox applications continue to rise. It comes from a toxin known as the Botulinum. This is what helps in giving the skin that smoothened look.
Yet this ingredient can be dangerous when used in heavy amounts so it is always advisable that you use it in controlled amounts and have a medical expert apply it correctly.
The Botox injections actually have very limited amount of the Botulinum toxin.
In this article I will get into the detail of how Botox in Dubai is becoming a major beauty treatment, the procedure, how its done, side effects and the results you get.
What is Botox?
In its simplest sense, this is the procedure which aims to take care of your facial creases.
How it works is that this injectable neuromodulator focuses on your nerve-muscles to cause the underlying muscles to stop moving.
When these muscles stop moving, it hits on your wrinkle making mechanism. This is because it actually hits upon the nerve stimulation of your muscles, which has been causing excess facial expressions. The way this works is that once the muscles are relaxing, it actually diminishes the facial lines too.
Now let’s talk about the many uses of Botox.
The Cosmetic Uses of Botox in Dubai:
Since we already know that the major use of this treatment is that it helps in reducing the facial lines and wrinkles from the face, I will now talk in detail how it actually gives the treatment to enhancing your facial expressions as the injections are given to treat the wrinkles in:
- between your eyebrows; these are the frown lines
- around the eye region especially the crow’s feet
- treat the lines forming at the corners of your mouth
- treating the cobblestone skin which comes at the chin
- good for treating the glabellar lines
- combined with other treatments like using vitamin C serum, allows for you to have a complete rejuvenated look
Other Uses of Botox
While the majority of the audience uses this treatment for beauty purposes, as it is very effective in treating your facial wrinkles. Botox injections also has many other benefits too:
It is effective in the treatment of different body functions. We will now talk about them:
- Lazy eye treatment: This is when you will suffer from imbalance of the muscles which actually lead to having a proper positioning of your both eyes.
- Muscle contractures: It is a very effective treatment when it comes to tackling neurological conditions. When you are suffering from something like cerebral palsy, your limbs will not be functioning properly. Having Botox injections helps to relax these contractual muscles and allow your body functions to work properly.
- Migraine: This is definitely a revelation and one of the major benefits Botox can provide. Having chronic migraines is a common problem now. Patients of different ages go through the torment and through experimental tests , it has been found that Botox injections are actually playing a major role in controlling how frequently you will have these kinds of headaches.
- Bladder concerns: People who are suffering from urinary inefficiency have an overactive bladder. It becomes a problem for them to go about life’s simple tasks without the urgency to visit the restroom often. It turns out that Botox injections are very effective
- Eye Twitching: This a major habit which some people ignore but turns out it is something to address as it impacts your daily lifestyle. Botox injections are effective in allowing you to find certain relieve from contracture of the muscles.
- Hyperhidrosis: Botox injections helps to treat this condition in which you actually sweat profusely.
Does Botox Have Side Effects?
So with so many advantages, why is Botox still said to be an invasive condition. Why do certain people still feel that they wouldn’t want to opt for this treatment?
This is because there are certain complications that can arise from this condition.
We will now look into all of them:
Risks with Botox in Dubai
- Botox injections are generally safe but when it comes to their application depending on every individual person, some common problems you can have include:
- After applying the injection, sometimes you can suffer from swelling and bruising. The pain can also be severe in certain cases and it takes time for the pain to subside. You will need to apply certain pain killers too to help ease the pain.
- Headaches are also common. These continue for a few days and eventually subside
- You will most likely suffer from urinary issues as well. Your doctor will subscribe a medication to help you cope with the same.
- In some cases, where you feel the headaches are just getting worse and worse, you are actually suffering from some neuromuscular disorder and need to visit a doctor immediately
- droopy eyelid is common
- having a temporary crooked smile also happens which goes away with time
- eye dryness can happen but you can make use of tear drops to help combat this condition
These are the common risk factors and side effects you should be aware of. However in certain patients, they symptoms can get even worse. This is because they are already suffering from other medical conditions as well and the reaction from the Botox injections has lead to the matters getting worse.
Sometimes it’s possible that the toxins from the injection can enter into your body and this spreads into your whole body.
In either case, there are a few warning signs you need to look out for:
- you will suffer from muscle weakness
- it is possible that you can have certain vision problems which continue to get worse
- swallowing becomes hard and your throat starts to feel immensely dry
- you will have concerns with bladder control
- in certain cases, you will also suffer from breathing problems
It is advisable to get a doctor’s advise and treatment as soon as you are in this situation.
Now that I have given you a fairly good view on what is Botox- the treatment, how it is done, benefits and side effects, let’s now move onto what you should be expecting from this treatment:
What to Expect from Botox in Dubai
Let’s first clear a major misconception. Many people get concerned with how this treatment has a lot of discomfort.
The fact of the matter is that you feel minimal discomfort when it is happening. It only makes your skin numb beforehand.
In some patients, your palms and soles become sweaty during treatment.
However when it comes to numbing the skin, your doctor will adapt one of the following methods: topical anesthesia, ice or even vibration anesthesia.
Your doctor will have a consultation session with you beforehand to determine which numbing method best suits to your skin.
During the Procedure
While there is misconception that you will have to spend hours at the hospital, having Botox in Dubai is quite a simple procedure.
It can easily be done at the doctor’s office itself. Your doctor will inject very small amounts of botulinum toxin into your skin and muscles. This is done right in the office.
You will not require to go in advance or prepare yourself in advance for the treatment. It is simply done without any added hassles.
After the Procedure
Once the treatment is done, all you need to do is keep your skin fresh and not apply any ointment on it.
It is also important that you do not rub or massage your skin especially the area where Botox is done, for at least a day after the treatment.
This is because it will cause for the toxins to spread further if we touch our face or try to itch the area where the treatment is done.
It is important that you speak to your doctor to know the precautions you need to adapt and for how long, so to ensure the treatment yields best results.
Botox injections continue to gain popularity.
Over the years, the number of patients for this treatment have been sharing how the positive effects of the procedure give them so much and the side effects are not as impactful and long-lasting.
You should also know that the results of Botox in Dubai only start to show a few days after the treatment has begun.
Also these results are not permanent.
In fact the effects are lasting for a few months or maybe longer, depending on the patient’s skin condition and how much of the area has been treated.
Regardless , people suggest it is a top treatment for cosmetic makeover with many advantages.
You can speak to our health consultants at REPC Dubai to know if this treatment suits you or not. Ensuring your skin’s quality and complete health is what matters to us.