Do you think you should cut down some fat to look slimmer? Liposuction in Dubai is the ideal surgical procedure for you to remove fat from specific areas of the body.
It is commonly performed on hips, arms, thighs, neck, legs and abdomen.
Your first option to reduce fat should be exercise and then diet.
However, if you are unable to remove body fat through these measures or if you think that will take you longer then you should get liposuction.
It not only removes fat but also contours the body making it a body contouring and tummy tuck procedure.
This, however, is not a weight loss procedure that reduces pounds and kilos.
This article discusses the procedure, its benefits and side effects so that you can thoroughly examine if you need it.
Is Liposuction in Dubai For You?
Your doctor performs the procedure on those body parts that will not lose excess fat by diet or exercise.
Therefore, someone who opts for the procedure will have an overall slim body with a lot of fat on areas such as:
- upper arms
The size and volume of fat cells increase in your body because of gaining weight.
The liposuction procedure decreases the number of fat cells in specific areas.
This depends on the volume of fat in that area and your overall look.
As the procedure removes fat cells, the rest of the skin molds into shape according to the contours.
Though, it can become loose or smooth. If you lack elasticity then it will loosen but if you do then it will mold into the new contours.
These changes will remain permanent if you keep your weight stable throughout life.
However, it is important to note that liposuction is not for weight loss. It also does not reduce cellulite or stretch marks.
If you are choosing this procedure, keep your expectations realistic.
Since it is a surgical procedure, there are risks. More on that later.
Therefore, you need to be in good health to get this treatment.
First, you should not weigh 30 percent of your ideal weight.
Next, you should be in good health condition and do not have medical problems such as:
Furthermore, you should have firm and elastic skin so that it molds to the contours easily.
Before any surgical procedure, you should quit smoking. Though, it is even better if you do not smoke at all.
Begin by meeting your plastic surgeon. Let them know your expectations from the procedure and they will give you a realistic outlook.
Moreover, discuss your health condition, medications and allergies with them beforehand.
They will also suggest you skip NSAIDs or blood thinners about 3 weeks before your surgical procedure.
Furthermore, they will mark the areas where they will remove fat. They might take before and after photos of this treated area.
If you require the removal of only a small amount of fat cells then they will perform the surgery in their clinic. Otherwise, you will have to stay overnight in a hospital.
Though before beginning your procedure, your liposuction surgeon will examine the type of procedure you will require.
Types of Liposuction
In this procedure:
- Your surgeon inserts a solution of saltwater, anesthetic and drug into the treatment area
- It results in fat removal as the area swells and stiffens
- Your surgeon proceeds by making small cuts and inserting a cannula tube inside
- The cannula tube connects with a vacuum that is responsible for the suction of fat cells and fluid
- This is the most common way of performing this procedure. Your body fluids are replenished through an IV line.
- It is minimally invasive.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction (LAL)
This procedure involves:
- Inserting a laser fiber via an incision in the skin
- It emulsifies fat deposits and the high intensity laser light assists in fat removal
- The cannula sucks fat outside.
- Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL)
- The fast, back and forth motion of a cannula.
- The vigorous motion removes tough fat faster than any other procedure.
- It is better for the removal of large areas of fat.
- It is also suitable for a second-time liposuction procedure.
- There is less pain and swelling in PAL which allows your surgeon to remove fat more precisely.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction (UAL)
Surgeons use UAL with tumescent liposuction. It includes:
- Inserting a metal rod that delivers ultrasonic energy to rupture the walls of fat cells to easily remove fat.
- Furthermore, it enhances skin contouring and minimizes injuries.
After your doctor discussed the type of procedure with you, they will give your either local anesthesia or general.
This means you will either be temporarily unconscious or only a part of your body will be numb.
Moreover, they will monitor your heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen levels throughout your surgery.
Once you are done, they will observe you for dehydration or if there is a chance of shock from fluid loss.
Liposuction cost differs for each medical center and patient. Your surgeon will first examine you to reach a final amount.
Results and Recovery
As soon as your surgery ends, it will take time for the anesthesia to wear off.
It is normal to experience swelling and pain as well as bruising.
Your doctor will fit an elasticated corset or support bandages to the treatment area.
This is because they will leave the incisions open. Furthermore, they will put drains to assist fluid drainage.
Though they will remove stitches in the next appointment.
They will also give you pain killers to curb the pain and antibiotics immediately post surgery ends to reduce the risk of infection.
Alongside, your target area will also be numb for 6 to 8 weeks.
To control swelling, your doctor will advise you to wear a compression garment for about a month or two.
As the swelling lessens, your target area will appear less bulky. Over the next few months, it will start looking leaner in appearance.
You can return to your normal routine in a few days but limit physical exercise till some weeks.
Though, the results will last as long as you take care of them. This body contouring is permanent. However, if you gain weight, you can accumulate them in different areas than before.
Therefore, fat distribution may change with weight gain.
That said, you can retain the benefits for long.
Benefits of Liposuction in Dubai
The most common purpose of this procedure is cosmetic and aesthetic.
It contours your body and removes excess fat from certain areas to give you a slimmer look.
Though it does not treat obesity but gives your body an even look.
However, it shapes your body parts that do not lose fat by exercise or diet.
While aesthetic purposes are one of the main reasons to get liposuction in Dubai, there are also medical benefits to it.
It reduces fat in the breasts of a man, a condition known as gynecomastia.
Moreover, the procedure gets rid of lipomas which are benign fat tumors.
Liposuction can treat edema, pain, discomfort and swelling in patients with lymphedema.
In this condition, fluid builds up in tissues usually in the legs and arms.
Though, you can reduce its symptoms by getting liposuction surgery.
Also, it can distribute your body fat evenly. In a condition known as Lipodystrophy syndrome, fat collects in one part and you lose it in another.
However, through a body contouring procedure, you can even out the distribution in your body.
Furthermore, this procedure can help people who lose weight after morbid obesity.
There is a chance that your excess weight hangs as loose skin if you have lost over 40 percent of your Body Mass Index.
So, in order to contour your body and remove excess skin, you will require this procedure once.
Mainly, liposuction improves aesthetics. If lifestyle changes do not work then this remains as your only option to improve your body structure.
You can get Liposuction in Dubai at REPC Dubai. However, before your procedure, discuss the benefits and risks of getting Body Contouring.
Liposuction Side Effects
There are risks and side effects to this procedure like all surgical procedures.
- Numbing in the target area for a long time. It can last about 6 to 8 weeks. This can also lead to nerve irritation which will be temporary.
- If the cannula goes too deep and punctures an organ then this can be a serious risk. An internal puncture will require emergency surgical repair.
- If your skin does not have good elasticity or your fat removal was uneven then your skin will not mold well in the contours and become bumpy. If the cannula causes any damage then there can be permanent spotting.
- There is a low chance of skin infection. However, it can be life-threatening.
- Fluid pockets known as seroma can accumulate under your skin. Your doctor will drain them using a needle.
The procedure can pose serious health risks even if the chances of that happening are fewer.
For instance, lidocaine is an aesthetic that manages pain and is part of the fluid solution that is injected in your body.
It is safe to use but lidocaine toxicity can rarely occur. It poses a threat to the heart and central nervous system.
During the procedure, loose fat pieces may escape and trap in a blood vessel. They can deposit in the lungs or brain which needs immediate medical attention.
The changes in fluid levels as fluids enter and leave the body can be risky for the kidneys, heart and lungs.
Therefore, you should thoroughly consult your doctor before you begin.
Liposuction in Dubai has both risks and benefits.
If you need it for aesthetic purposes, you should only try it after diet and exercise.
If everything else fails, go for it!
So if you want a slim figure, visit your doctor soon!