Having the perfect clean teeth is what everyone desires. And it is also something that you can easily attain. It is through adapting certain ways of cleaning your teeth which can actually help in the long run. In this article I want to talk about what is water flossing and give flosser tips.
This is what we call cleaning between your teeth. It has been gaining momentum in recent times as a state of the art mechanism to clean your teeth properly. How it basically works is that you make use of a handheld advice which is called a water flosser. It is important to oral health.
How it works is that it basically sprays streams of water which come out in very steady pulses. This is made use of recent times and is known to give great results.
In this article, I will be talking in detail as to how water flossing is a major and effective method which gives you good results.
Let’s know all about the treatment in detail:
How Water Flossing Matters?
There is nothing more refreshing than having your teeth looking sparkly white. You need to make sure how your teeth and your gums can be kept in healthy. And if you don’t follow the same, you can easily suffer from cavities, tooth loss as well as gum disease.
Gum disease is something which can even get worse. It can even lead to your heart health even deteriorating with time. This is because the bacteria that forms due to gum disease. And this can lead and move into your blood stream. It is also extremely harmful if you are pregnant and can impact the fetus in horrible ways.
Isn’t Brushing Effective ?
Now let’s talk about ways in which you can ensure that you are keeping your health in optimum health. While dentists suggest how brushing twice a day is good enough, the fact of the matter is sometimes just brushing may not even be good enough. As it is not possible to clean out all the food particles that is stuck between the teeth. If this is not cleaned out properly, you will notice how the plaque and bacteria starts to form on your teeth.
The reason for the same is because the bristles of toothbrushes are not every small. And they cannot move swiftly to clean between the teeth.
Hence flossing is effective and while dental floss can actually work well, it is also effective when you make use of waterpik water flossing.
But depending on your teeth, it is best that you take advice from your dentist to know what kind of treatment will work better for them.
So which one is better to make use? Let’s look into the details of how waterpiks can be used and their benefits and side effects.
Waterpiks- Identifying Pros and Cons
These are actually thought of as dental water jets and even called as oral irrigators as they have ample water pressure. They have been gaining momentum for quite a while. You would be interested to know that it was actually made way back by a hydraulic engineer.
But in recent times, the way of using the pulsating water to clean out these food particles which cannot be done so by merely brushing. You need something strong which will clean out all the particles in between teeth which is responsible for the buildup of plaque and bacteria within your teeth.
Who is Using Waterpik?
I want to highlight that you use this kind of device instead of floss when you are facing certain conditions. This includes:
- those who are wearing braces use it to reach areas that are difficlut
- people who have nonremovable bridgework
- it is also relating those cases in which you are wearing crowns
- those who have dental implants and don’t have teeth which are adaptable for flossing
- this is also a better option when you are suffering from a condition called arthritis
- same is the case with those who also have issues with making use of string floss
Pros of Water Flossing
- It is extremely easy to use
- This is also a device which makes it easy and convenient for you to reach
- The device is also used to reach onto spaces which are very tightly spaced
- You will notice how it brings complete cleanliness
- It also cleans out those periodontal pockets which need to be kept clean to protect from gum diseases
- Also majorly helps ion keeping your breath fresh, long and minty
- It is best if you clean your back teeth first and then move towards the front teeth
- You should continue so till it is thoroughly clean-both your upper and lower teeth
- In this manner, you can ensure that all your teeth and entire mouth is completely clean
Disadvantages of Waterpik
When it comes to understanding the cons of making use of this technique, you will firstly not be able to clean and remove all the plaque from the teeth.
It is also not considered to be a very economical choice. In fact making use of water flossing is something which can be heavy on your pocket.
Also, this is what we consider as a messy process. It is not very easily done and you have to adapt certain practices to ensure you get right.
Dentists also suggest how this itself may not always be enough in removing the plaque. As you sometimes may have to use string floss to loosen the plaque . This will help in scaping it off in a better way.
A waterpik is then more efficiently used to remove all the plaque. And there are also no risks involved in the same when you combine this method when traditional string floss.
Should I Floss Often?
As we continue to talk on water flossing, the major question lies as to how should we use water flossing and if it is something which can completely take over the traditional ways of flossing.
The main point is everyone should be flossing. It is now considered as a major and regular dental hygiene care.
You need to keep your teeth white and bright and to avoid those pesky yellow teeth.
When we talk about the major benefits relating to the same, you would notice that it is actually very easy to maneuver and control. You can actually clean each tooth completely. As it is an excellent way of removing the plaque, bacteria and food particles build-up completely.,
Also it is a way in which you can control the teeth cleaning process. You decide the way, the motion of how you move the string up and down and sideways to ensure you are perfectly cleaning between the teeth.
The Major Drawback
So while you already know of its many endless benefits, the fact of the matter is if you use it too aggressively or try to clean the teeth by using same string floss, it can actually still build tooth cavity.
Also for those who don’t have a good practice, they can actually floss way below the gumline and this is harmful for your oral hygiene. And in certain cases, it may also cause you to bleed from your teeth profusely.
So now that you have a good understanding on flossing, I want to talk about the ways in which you can make use of waterpik efficiently.
The method is not as difficult. Let’s learn about it next
How to Use a Waterpik for Water Flossing
It is very important that you understand how to make use of this state of the art mechanism to clean perfectly between your teeth.
While every device may look different, the function is pretty much the same. So this is how it works:
- You will first fill the water reservoir with lukewarm water and put it back onto the base.
- Then you will plug this device and make adjustment on the pressure level. The ideal way is to start at low pressure and then move upward as needed.
- Then you will take this device and lean over the skin and have it placed in the mouth with the lips closed.
- It is best that you start with the back teeth and then move forward towards your gumline.
- You should be pausing in between with the tip in between the teeth as well. This is important so that the water can flow from the mouth and into the sink.
- Once you have done a complete clean, you can then turn the unit of and have it cleaned properly.
Teeth cleaning is one of the most things you need to adapt when it comes to your complete body hygiene. And while brushing is very important and you should do it twice in a month. It is also very helpful if you do flossing as well.
Flossing is something which helps you to clean in between the teeth. It is able to reach places which you cannot reach with the bristles of your toothbrush.
While string flossing is quite common, it is not always suitable for every one. In such cases, water flossing is a more suited option. In this article, we talked about all the details relating to this technique and its major advantages.