All of us need some kind of push, a nudge in the morning to go about our daily tasks. And one of the major things which everyone just cannot do without is daily caffeine. So much so that it has become a regular beverage and with time, caffeine addiction just continues to grow.
Mornings are actually synonymous to caffeine. It is like a morning ritual which you just can’t do without. This is how you begin a brand new day and it gives you renewed energy to go about your work.
Researchers say that almost 80 percent of the people out there cannot function properly when they don’t have their day begin with caffeine consumption.
But the problem is when you have so much caffeine on a regular basis, it is what will lead to your caffeine dependency. And that can become a major problem.
In this article I am going to be talking about what is caffeine dependency. How does it continue to grow and how you need to ensure you have a strong control.
Having too much of caffeine can have major drastic effects on your health. And let’s get to know the complete scenario on what exactly happens.
The Effect of Caffeine on Body
This beverage is what will act as a stimulant to your central nervous system. It is very important and makes a major impact, because it directly effects your brain and gives your mood a major boost.
It is what some people call the ‘happy drink’. Mainly for the reason that it works great to get adults all chirpy and in the work mode when they are feeling lazy and completely drained.
Its effects are what lead for the brain to have major stimulants like extra energy, great alertness and also a major sense of complete well-being.
Is Caffeine Good for My System?
Now when we are talking about the effects of caffeine, know that not two people will suffer from the exact same kind. While some may be hit in a positive way, others will suffer from certain side effects. It is best that you identify what these are.
When we say someone is depending too much on caffeine, it means that there are some other associating factors from a person’s life which is making them become too dependent on caffeine.
That jolt of caffeine while definitely a major boost can also have drastic impacts as with time, especially when you are increasing the amount you are taking in. Since it is not actually giving any nutritional value, the long-term impact of this element in your body is not assuring.
Side Effects of Caffeine:
I want to now talk to you on how there are some side effects which have also been reported by taking this beverage. They include:
- Having sleep disturbances. You will notice a chain where you cannot sleep properly in a long frame of time. And will suffer from episodes of waking up continuously in between.
- Anxiety can increase among people who have been taking caffeine on a regular basis.
- Depression can also kick in. This means you will feel a major boost when you are drinking your coffee. But after a while, you can’t help but start feeling down in the dumps again.
- Stomachaches can be frequent too.
- Acid reflux happens when you start to take too much caffeine on an empty stomach.
- Muscle twitching is also something which some people complain about. And as your caffeine addiction progresses, so will this.
- In certain cases, it can hit upon your blood pressure too.
- Getting irritated over the smallest of things is also a major concern which can only get worse with time.
- You will suffer from bodily pain and this cannot be controlled.
- Having nervousness engulf you is also a major cause of concern. You will not feel relaxed and get spooked over the smallest of things.
- Having a good handle on social situations also becomes worse. It makes you shy away from gatherings, making you an introvert in the process.
- Lack of concentration is also a major reason which can only get worse with time.
These effects are major in children and those in adolescence.
Types of Caffeine
It is also said to be drug-like due to the impact it has on your body. When your is getting used to caffeine, it makes you want to take more of this. And you will not get satisfied with how much caffeine intake is happening inside your body.
But there are some other factors too- the brand and the kind of caffeine you are taking in also playing a major role in your health.
There are some kinds of coffee brands when you drink caffeine. These have high levels of caffeine and there are those which are more or less sugar and milk and does not hold high amounts of caffeine in them.
So when you are talking about the impact of caffeine, learn to identify what kind are we talking about as the impact depends more or less on the kind.
Now that you know in detail the kind of issues you will suffer from caffeine, it is true that people try to quit their caffeine addiction. However that too comes with some major symptoms and concerns which you need to learn to combat.
Let’s check out what these are:
Withdraw Your Caffeine Addiction
When you are taking caffeine on a regular basis, you become completely dependent on it. This leads to your inability to perform certain and simple activities when you try to cut out this habit completely you will be suffering from certain consequences as well.
This relates to not just internal but also physical symptoms too. These are some of the most common symptoms you will have once you try to withdraw from your caffeine addiction. This includes:
- Having fatigue
- Feeling very low energy levels and not being able to involve in any kind of activity
- You will notice that toy are having decreased alertness levels
- In some cases, having implications of drowsiness can also set in
- In many cases, a person who stops drinking coffee, will have really bad mood swings which come and go unexpectedly
- There is also an onset of depression which just gets worse with time
- Discontent with whatever you do. This means you will not feel any satisfaction with whatever you do
- In some cases a person will feel high levels of irritability and will not enjoy anything he or she does
- You will likely be suffering from a situation where you are feeling foggy. This means you will not be able to enjoy anything.
- In certain cases, you will also suffer from eating disorder when you start to depend too much on caffeine for your daily energy boost. It has the same effect as energy drinks.
- As you discontinue drinking coffee, you will start to feel isolated. And would not care for gatherings and meeting people.
Some other symptoms which can take place include sickness as well where you will suffer from flu-like condition also. This includes vomiting, having nauseous thoughts and feeling muscle pain and even major stiffness in the body.
How Long the Symptoms Last?
Again this really depends on every individual case. While some people may go through the situation where they may suffer from all the symptoms, in others it is possible you will only suffer from these major conditions for a day or two while for others, the caffeine withdrawal can be long-lasting and these symptoms can exist for more than a week even.
So now that you have a good idea on how caffeine addiction impacts your life, lets know talk about how you can lower your dependency on caffeine in a slow and efficient manner.
Combating Caffeine Addiction
While it seems caffeine is something which you cannot deny, but having access of it has major impact on your body. And these with time continue to worsen, having major symptoms and side effects in the body.
While there are not major treatment options to avail in a professional framework, you can adapt certain practices which will help you to combat and control your dependency on caffeine.
Let’s check out what they are:
- Firstly, it will help if you start to drink more of water. This is, hands down, the best drink for you and your body. And the more you drink it, the more it will benefit your body. It also helps to keep your body full. And water is known to clear off any toxins in the body, giving you renewed energy. Making it a great substitute for caffeine.
- If you can’t say no to caffeine completely, you can replace at least one drink in a day with a caffeine-free option. This means instead of having three cups of coffee, opt for one herbal tea or hot water with lemon.
- It is best if you put in a few daily exercises into your daily routine. It helps to keep your body active and thriving.
Coffee is the most popular beverage out there but caffeine addiction is something which you cannot deny has its harmful effects. Too much of it will impact your health drastically. In this article I talked about why caffeine becomes an addiction and how it has its negative implications.
We also talked about ways in which you can combat its usage and make sure it is not impacting your health in a negative way.