Constipation is quite common. It relates to when you have really bad bowel movements. This means you won’t be able to pass stool easily. Also it relates to when you find it difficult to pass stool also. There are many ways in which constipation treatment can be effective.
But in certain cases, it does not yield good results. So why is that?
In this article, I am going to be talking about what constipation really is. What kind of change in diet leads to this and why fiber intake matters.
You will be learning all that you need to know when it come to getting a better understanding of what constipation.
In some cases, you will also be needing to have a doctor to see if your constipation is also coupled with having severe pain a well as blood in the stool.
Constipation treatment becomes even more so important when it comes to how your health get impacted.
So this article is going to be covering all of that in complete detail.
What is Constipation?
This relates to when you have really few bowel movements. However what happens is that sometimes you can have a few bowel movements in a week but for others, it can be when you have far too many.
But the thing is your bowl movement is going to be unique for you as it is for anyone else.
However remember, the longer you wait to go before you actually need to go, it means you will be suffering from even more pain.
Also it will be even more hard for you tp pas the stool.
Some other issues that you will suffer from include:
- Your stool will continue to get harder
- It also becomes even drier which makes it even harder for you pass through
- Sometimes it seems like you have not emptied your bowels completely
- This will be making you to have stomach pain
- That will also lead you to suffer from even more pain
- The stomach also remains upset and stiff and this condition can last for hours
Is Constipation Common?
This is one of the questions many people ask. Why constipation is becoming common?
As it turns out, the rate at which constipation is increasing is completely staggering.
But the good news is that there are some really effective ways in which you can combat constipation issues.
And we will be discussing those in great detail.
But first, let me highlight some leading reasons, people and conditions in which you might be suffering from constipation:
- Older people are most likely to suffer from it.
- This is because they tend to have a slower metabolism.
- Also this means that there is less muscle contraction and you will notice that the digestive tract is also not as strong as when you were young.
- Women are more likely to suffer from this condition.
- This is especially true if the women is pregnancy or after childbirth.
- Sometimes it means you will be suffering from hormonal changes which means it becomes even harder to control it.
- It is more common so that if your diet does not have enough fiber, it will be impacting your health also.
- So it is best that you start taking in plenty of fiber. High fiber means that it will be impacting your digestive system in a number of ways.
- Also if you are taking certain kinds of medications, they will be leading you to suffer from several constipation issues.
- Neurological diseases are also the leading issue which lead to weaker bowel movements.
Now let’s look into ways in which constipation actually happens:
How Constipation Happens?
This is something which will happen when your colon is actually taking in too much water from the waste.
When it does so, it makes your poop very hard because it will become even drier.
And with that, it will be causing you to suffer as you try to switch it out.
Let’s now look into how food actually moves through your body during the digestion process.
So when the food is moving through you, the nutrients are getting quickly absorbed.
With that happening, you will see that the small intestine moves the food into the large intestine.
This is what is called the colon.
And when that happens, your colon will be absorbing water from that much waste.
When that happens, you will notice that there is solid matter being made which we call stool.
So while a normal system leads to the stool passing through easily, in case of constipation, it becomes harder to do so.
This is because the food is actually moving through the system really slowly and this impacts your digestive system in a number of ways.
Common Causes for Constipation
While there are some leading reasons as to why constipation happens, did you know that even simple causes can also lead to concerns.
- Eating food which has low fiber content can lead to constipation.
- You are not drinking a lot of water and it is causing you plenty of dehydration.
- It is also really important that you take in a lot of exercising.
- You should also look into how changes in your routine which can impact your bowel movement.
- This will also be including when you are travelling or eating alone.
- In some cases, having or consuming high levels of cheese and other dairy products can also happen.
- If you are under too much stress that can also cause you to suffer from constipation.
- In case you are trying to avoid going to the bathroom to release, it will be leading to even more issues and concerns.
Now we will look into and talk in detail ways in which you can combat and have strong constipation treatment.
Effective Constipation Treatment
When it comes to ways in which you can combat the condition, know how to make a difference by adapting some ways in which it will be helping the bowel movement.
Drink Water Often
Suffering from dehydration is one of the leading causes. You should aim to drink water often when constipated.
What also works is that you take in plenty of carbonated or sparking water.
This will allow and move things in a better way.
But make sure you are not taking in carbonated drinks including sugary sodas.
Fiber is definitely going to be making a difference. The dietary fiber intake is going to help in regulating the bowl movement.
It also aims in helping the frequency with which your bowels move. While the stool frequency is going to be better, it does not really help in resolving other issues.
But you should be trying to take in more of bran, vegetables as well as whole grain.
Work Out Often as Constipation Treatment
It really helps your constipation if you make sure you are working out often.
This means you should be exercising whenever you can.
But you should also be knowing how not all kinds of exercises help you with that.
Also aim at weight loss as that will help you plenty.
It is best that you do certain screening to see ways in which your bowel movements can be regulated.
Some of the best exercises for this is to go for regular walks, as well as get into swimming, cycling and even jogging.
Good news for caffeine lovers- you should be consuming coffee to consider as constipation treatment.
This is because it will be leading to a stimulation of the muscles which help in regulating your digestive system.
As it turns out, coffee also consists of what we call soluble fibers which makes your health even better.
It is because this will be leading to an improvement in the way your gut bacteria is balancing.
Probiotic Food Works
This is one of the best ways in which you can control constipation.
Probiotics go a long way. They will be preventing the chronic constipation.
And that is because probiotics are known to have live bacteria which actually takes place in the gut.
Also probiotic foods can also lead to you feeling better.
You can also have constipation treatment when you are able to consume really good and organic probiotic foods, which includes yogurt, sauerkraut as well as kimchi.
Prunes Are Amazing
This is something you probably didn’t know but prunes work great.
It is what we consider as nature’s remedy for constipation.
And the reason it works is because it consists of sorbitol and that works as an amazing laxative.
You should have certain prunes through the day as it will make a difference.
Also what works?
Try on having a few of soaked almonds and that in itself will lead to amazing results.
Constipation is quick becoming a common concern. In this article I talked about and shared in detail what constipation is, how it happens and some of the best home remedies that will be giving results.
You are able to get a complete control on how it works and this in itself will allow you to have better bowel movements.
It is not as hard as you would think and adapting certain home tactics and lifestyle choices will ensure your constipation issues are well taken care of.