Have you ever gone through a situation where your heart is beating very fast? Heart palpitations are common. But knowing rapid heartbeat reasons can save your life.
It means your heart is beating very fast. And this can be due to any reason.
When it seems you cannot control this beat, it could lead to excessive worry and stress.
Why is my heart beating so fast?
The first thought that goes through your head is why is this happening to you?
What could be the reason for this state.
More often than not, it is nothing something very harmful and serious.
Heartbeats can fluctuate for any reason.
Make sure you understand as to why it is happening. This is important to your health.
And in many instances the situation can improve and go away on its own.
However in other cases, it is something which is caused by extreme stress or a bolt of anxiety.
Some doctors even suggest it is due to having too much caffeine and nicotine in the body.
But whatever may be triggering this in the body, the good news is that you can manage it.
In this article, I am going to be talking about and highlighting all the ways in which rapid heartbeat reasons are determined.
And why it is essential for your health to know them.
So let’s start:
What is a Rapid Heartbeat?
In its most simplest sense, when we talk about a rapid heartbeat, it is a condition called tachycardia.
This is when your heart is beating too fast.
As a rule of thumb, know that your heart is going to be beating about 100 beats in a minute.
But you know there is not something quite right if it is beating even faster than that.
Although in some instances, it is a normal condition. This means your heart will be beating fast when you are suffering from a certain condition.
As a result, this disease or disorder is causing your heart to beat faster than it normally does.
Now how does this heartbeat mechanism even come into play?
Pumping Blood- the heart’s role
For you to understand how the beat mechanism even works, you should know that the heart is pumping blood to the lungs as well as to the whole body.
This is by the contraction of its four chambers.
There is actually a sinus node which comes into play as it is a small group of cells which exist in the right atrium.
They are responsible for sending out an electrical impulse through the heart. And this will be causing for your atria to contract.
And this is how the rhythm is created, pumping blood through your body.
When we talk about the beat system, know that your heart is pumping blood at an alarming rate.
And it is the number of times that your heart beats in a single minute is what we call the heart rate.
Also the heart rate is not consistent and same for every single person.
In fact in some cases, it will be higher to some as compared to others.
There are many factors which can cause this variation and it includes the age of a person, physical condition, as well as aerobic conditioning and even the altitude.
Now I want to share with you the many reasons as to why the heartbeat can differ and you may sense too much anxiety in how your heart is beating.
Rapid Heartbeat Reasons
Why is my heartbeat at such an alarming rate?
There can be several reasons for the same. It is imperative that you understand what these are and take on the necessary steps to ensure your health is being looked after in a timely manner.
And we will be hitting on some of the leading and most common ones:
- You are having heart palpitations because you are going through a range of emotions.
- This will not only include anxiety, but your heart can start beating fast if you are currently under stress or even fear of something.
- It can lead to panic attacks as well and can cause your heart’s fluctuation increase even further.
- In some cases, for a person who has just started taking on exercising, they can also fall under too much exertion pressure
- You will not only suffer from rapid heartbeat due to this vigorous physical activity but also have shortness of breath because of this
- For a person who is taking on heavy caffeine, nicotine as well as other drugs, will likely be suffering from this condition
- There are also those people who are currently suffering medical conditions including that of low blood sugar as well as fever or dehydration are leading rapid heartbeat reasons
- Drinking too much of carbonated drinks and soft drinks will most likely also impact your health
- If medications including that of diet pills, and even asthma inhalers are regularly taken, they will be impacting your heart health as well
- Pregnancy has various stages, one of its most common impact is that it will be increasing your heartbeat.
- This includes and comes with feeling nausea and it is a common symptom to how your heart works
- In some cases, even taking on certain herbal and nutritional supplements will be helping you plenty
- If your diet is high in carbohydrates and sugar, this will also be impacting how your heart is beating .
- These food includes monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Some people are actually sensitive to this element and it can lead to even further complications
We will now take a look at some of the leading symptoms of what rapid heartbeat is like.
Symptoms of Rapid Heartbeat
In some cases you will not be having any leading symptoms of suffering from a very heartbeat.
But a sudden onset of palpitations means that there is something wrong and you will be needing to know what is causing the problem.
Here we will be looking at some of the leading symptoms of this condition:
- Feeling extremely anxious
- There can be a very strong heart pounding which you feel in your chest as well as in your throat
- You may be feeling mild discomfort which continues to increase with time
- In case you have anemia, you will be feeling very tired and weak
- In some cases you may also suffer from chest pain
- This can be very mild but in other cases, you will be facing very excruciating pain which is making you feel dizzy and sick
- Bad breath is also a leading sign that something is wrong. It will allow you to remain in a healthy state.
- Shortness of breath is also a common and it usually takes over when you are lying flat on the bed
- You may feel restless and will continuously be waking through the night
- Heart problems can also lead to a condition where your legs will be swollen
- This is especially true when ankles and feet are feeling woozy.
So now that you know what are the reasons and symptoms, let’s talk on what steps you should be taking:
Tackling Rapid Heartbeat: What to Do in This Condition
- The first and foremost thing to do is make sure that your healthcare provider knows your complete health history.
- This includes looking into the medications you are taking including the herbal supplements you are taking.
- If you are suffering from diabetes or have some other family history condition, you should inform your doctor about it
- Caffeine causes this condition also. The simplest thing for you to do is to control their intake.
- This condition will get better in no time.
- You should also be keeping a diary which is keeping a note of your heart rate.
- This will allow you to monitor and understand when are the fluctuations happen.
- It will allow you to determine why there is irregular heartbeat and what are the symptoms relating to it.
- You would definitely be getting better if you adapt certain relaxation techniques. They make you less anxious.
- Take deep breaths- it will work wonders for you.
- In case you are taking any medications, make sure you are taking them in a regular pattern.
- If you don’t see any results, then you should have them changed.
- In case you are suffering from any side effects, make sure you inform your doctor of those as well.
- Best is that you keep all your appointments in tact.
The heart is a sensitive matter. Anyone who suffers from a health condition will likely feel overwhelmed when they have rapid heartbeats which are off-set for reasons unknown.
Knowing rapid heartbeat reasons allows you to make sure your condition is not too serious.
There can be several reasons as to why you will be suffering for heart palpitations.
In this article I looked into some of the leading reasons as to why your heart is beating too fast.
We will also be looking into some of the symptoms. It will allow you to make a better understanding of what is causing your heart to beat so fast.
To know more on the topic read about coronary artery disease and artery blood gas here.