We all know it is tough to recognize yourself in the mirror. Whether it is your age, motherhood, or weight fluctuation – your bodies change over time. Are you wondering about getting rid of belly fat?
Thanks to new technologies. You would be surprised to know that it is now possible to reduce stubborn fat pockets and improve your body contours without surgery, scars, or downtime. However, today there are a few viable options to reduce stubborn fat pockets or belly fat without surgery.
Non-surgical fat reduction primarily includes minimally invasive treatments that selectively break down fat cells in specific areas of your body. It can help reduce the size of subcutaneous fat pockets. These fat pockets are fat deposits that usually sit beneath the skin but above your muscle.
Today there are several FDA cleared treatments available. These procedures help achieve gradual, modest fat loss without surgery or downtime. Continue reading to learn about the different treatment options and what they can achieve.
Is Non-surgical Fat Reduction of Belly Fat a Good Option?
Patients near their ideal body weight do not need significant reshaping in that area. Non-surgical treatments may be a great option to reduce isolated pockets of diet and exercise-resistant fat without surgery. Surgery has its negative side.
You can quickly reduce your belly fat with little to no downtime. However, it is essential to have realistic expectations about what results any of the non-surgical treatments can provide.
A Quick Summary of What Causes Belly Fat
As you might be aware, many biological factors affect belly fat – hormones, age, gender, and genetics. It is important to note that hormones play a large part in determining where fat is stored in your body.
Depending on your gender, you will typically have varying levels of estrogen. Hormones and estrogen affect how much fat is stored in different parts of your body.
It is important to note that genetics heavily influence the development of belly fat. Moreover, your inherited body type may be the most significant factor in how much resistant and stubborn fat you have. Last but not least, both men and women will store more belly fat as they grow older.
Not all fat is the same. There is subcutaneous fat on your skin’s surface. In addition, visceral fat is dangerous fat present in your abdominal cavity that wraps around organs. Fat cells are also not all the same.
Do you know that fat cells with more Alpha-2 receptors store fat long-term, called stubborn fat? Fat cells with more Beta-2 receptors generally break down when your body needs energy.
Those body parts with stubborn bulges likely have more fat cells consisting of Alpha-2 receptors. It means that body fat clings to the body. Therefore, it is challenging to reduce this stubborn fat commonly by diet and exercise alone.
Benefits of Non-surgical Fat Reduction
- The procedure requires little to no downtime
- No general anesthesia, scars, or incisions.
- Side effects of the methods are minimal for most patients.
- The gradual onset of results allows patients to be discreet about treatments.
- Final results can last as long as a patient maintains their weight.
- Reduces belly fat only – requires minimal sculpting ability compared to liposuction.
- We cannot choose precisely how much fat is lost, only estimate a percentage.
- Note that multiple treatments may be needed to achieve desired results.
- It may not be suitable for individuals with significant amounts of fat to lose.
No cosmetic procedure, surgical or non-surgical – all intended for weight loss. Treatments will not significantly change your weight. But they are adequate to some extent. But a healthy lifestyle and weight maintenance are equally essential to maintain results.
Non-Surgical Body Contouring: Which One To Opt for Belly Fat Reduction
Non-surgical body contouring often includes much more than fat reduction. Today, you have options to smooth cellulite, rejuvenate vaginal tissues, tighten skin, and remove unwanted hair. But most importantly, it reduces belly fat. The guide below outlines a few of the many options.
The best way to learn whether non-surgical fat reduction suits your goals is to consult an experienced cosmetic surgeon. They are trained in both surgical and non-surgical techniques. They can help you choose the right treatment option for your needs.
Non-surgical fat reduction treatments
Outlined below are some of the common FDA-cleared treatments – that are generally available today.
Cryolipolysis is a popular, non-invasive technology that uses freezing temperatures to dismantle fat cells. Thus helping to reduce a fat pocket or belly fat. A cupped or paneled device is placed on top of your skin in the treatment area.
Where it transmits temperatures that are just low enough to freeze away your fat cells, finally destroying them. Because your muscle, skin, and nerve tissue freeze at a lower temperature than fat -these tissues remain unharmed. CoolSculpting Dubai is one of the brand names of cryolipolysis.
Fast facts about CoolSculpting
- FDA has cleared the procedure for hips, abdomen, inner or outer thighs, back (“bra rolls”), upper arms, under the buttock, and under the chin.
- The procedure is best for patients who wish to reduce the size of a fat bulge with very little reshaping.
- Studies show that you can reduce 25 percent of fat per treatment typically..
- Each treatment session takes 35 to 60 minutes to perform. Any discomfort is typically mild and may include an intense cold feeling.
- Common side effects include mild, temporary swelling, redness, numbness, and tingling. Serious or lasting side effects are extremely rare.
- You can expect satisfactory results after 1 to 2 treatments.
- Results are generally noticeable within 1 month, and final results are visible after 2-3 months.
2. Laser Treatment
Laser fat reduction is also effective. It works by dismantling subcutaneous fat using controlled heat. Your specialist will deliver a specific laser wavelength that is delivered through your skin. As a result, it will heat your fatty tissues to the point where these fat cells begin to break down.
The constant cooling mechanism ensures that skin is not damaged in the process. SculpSure is the brand name of this non-invasive laser technology.
Fast facts about SculpSure
- FDA cleared for abdomen, belly fat, and flanks. It can be used in other areas too.
- Treatment is typically painless, and you may feel a warming sensation.
- Treatment usually takes 25 minutes per area.
- Results are noticeable in only 6 weeks and final in about 12 weeks.
- Results should last, barring significant weight gain.
Ultrasound Fat Reduction
Ultrasound fat reduction generally uses highly focused sonic waves that help break down fat cell walls in the treatment area. Thereby it releases the fat inside to be metabolized by your body. Finally, reducing the size of a fat deposit.
The ultrasound energy generally transmits through the skin, creating rapid pressure changes that often cause the fat cells to break down. At the same time, it will leave the surrounding tissues unharmed.
FDA has already cleared ultrasound fat reduction treatments. UltraShape is one such brand name in this area. It uses pulsed ultrasound technology. In contrast, Liposonix uses a high-intensity focused ultrasound.
Fast facts about ultrasound fat reduction
- The procedure is intended for use on the abdomen and flanks.
- Note that ultrasound is non-invasive, and no downtime is necessary.
- Typically anyone would require 1 to 3 treatments spaced 2 weeks apart. Solely depending on treatment.
- You will find that the results appear gradually. But they are final within 6 to 12 weeks
- Note that destroyed fat cells do not grow back. Therefore, results can last with weight maintenance.
Red Light Therapy
One of the newest technologies used for non-surgical fat reduction uses red light therapy. Light therapy reduces the volume of subcutaneous fat cells. Instead of removing or destroying fat cells, this photonic lipolysis, or red light therapy, delivers specific wavelengths of light through your skin.
Your specialist will use a specialized lamp to create this light with a specific wavelength. This light triggers selected fat cells in your skin to create small openings and release some of their contents. In the process, it will help the skin to reduce in size. FDA-cleared treatments that use photonic lipolysis or red light therapy include UltraSlim.
Fast facts about red light therapy fat reduction
- Red light therapy is intended to treat the hips, abdomen, or thighs; your cosmetic surgeon may use it for additional areas to like your belly fat.
- Treatment is noninvasive, and no downtime is required.
- The treatment would take about 30 minutes to perform.
- Results start to appear within a few hours after treatment. They continue to improve as your body metabolizes the fat.
- Fat released by this procedure is naturally eliminated as waste.
- People typically choose to have 3 or more treatments in order to achieve their goals.
- Note that – results can last as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle and stable weight.
- Red light therapy is a very low-risk treatment with no noticeable side effects. However, if you are pregnant or have reduced liver function, you should not undergo this treatment.
You have dieted. You have exercised. Finally, you have lost weight. But you still have those stubborn bulges that do not want to disappear. If you are ready to move on and take steps to achieve the body you desire, it might be time to consider a non-invasive fat-removal procedure like the above.
Read similar articles on cool sculpting Dubai, and more.