There isn’t any doubt that the physical changes that occur as we continue to age aren’t really easy to accept. Though, you can overcome the fear by using one of the latest technologies we call as microneedling in Dubai.
So much so that as per a report, the market of anti-aging is projected to be worth around $200 billion by 2019.
From botox to facelifts, there are various other anti-aging options that are available to help you keep looking younger.
One of the latest trend in this quest to stay young and youthful is microneedling.
This is a procedure that mostly uses very fine needles that puncture the skin.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that involves superficial and controlled puncturing of the skin by rolling with fine miniature needles.
Some of the experts say that it’s more than just a passing fad in the industry of skincare.
It has gained acceptance and mass popularity over a short period of time because it is a minimal discomfort procedure.
It’s a safe, simple, budget-friendly and effective technique that requires minimal training.
The other name for microneedling is collagen induction therapy (CIT).
Quick Facts About Microneedling Dubai:
- Microneedling is a dermaroller procedure that mostly uses very small and fine needles to prick your skin.
- The main aim of the treatment is to generate new skin tissues as well as collagen that helps you getting a firmer, smoother, and more toned skin.
- Microneedling is mostly targets your face and helps to treat various wrinkles, stretch marks, scars as well as enlarged pores.
- People with early signs of aging, such as acne scars and wrinkles, can immensely benefit from Microneedling.
- It has been treating facial scars and skin rejuvenation traditionally, but now it has widely used as a transdermal delivery system for therapeutic drugs and vaccines.
Learn more about the Best Dermarollers to use at home here.
How Safe is the Procedure?
- The procedure is minimally invasive
- It doesn’t require downtime
- It’s pretty safe for you if you have a good health in general
- The procedure isn’t really safe for people who opt for acne medications
- It isn’t really recommended for pregnant women either
- You’ll start to experience minor redness as well as irritation for a few days after the procedure ends
Convenience of Microneedling
- In total, the time for preparation as well as procedure is around 2 hours
- You’ll be needing to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon, a dermatologist, or a cosmetic surgeon for the procedure
- In some of the states, an aesthetician is also eligible to perform the procedure under the proper supervision of a physician
- You may be needing at least four procedures or in some cases more for the best outcome
Cost of Microneedling
- Microneedling mostly cost anywhere between between $100 to $700 per each session
- Generally speaking, the overall cost depends on the area that is being worked on
- Insurance plans mostly don’t cover it
Efficacy of Microneedling
- Microneedling is considered to be an effective procedure for the purpose of treating minor issues of scarring as well as other related issues.
- It also helps to heal acne, wounds as well as aging.
- You’ll most likely notice a firmer, brighter and a glowing skin.
- Microneedling is way more effective in comparison to the home-rollers.
- You can achieve ideal results after having multiple sessions.
Microneedling Dubai Procedure
The aim of the Microneedling procedure is to make tiny pinpricks on the minor imperfections of the skin with fine microneedles.
These microneedles create pinpricks in the skin and trigger the release of growth factors, thereby triggering the wound healing process.
The Microneedling procedure is performed using a state-of-the-art medical device that has tiny and fine microneedles, which gently create tiny channels in the top layer of the skin.
A topical anaesthetic is applied in the affected area before starting the treatment to make you comfortable throughout the period of treatment.
These tiny pinpricks kick off the regeneration of damaged cells.
Additionally, the production of elastin and collagen to repair itself is increased.
The dermatologist can adjust the depth of needle penetration depending on the condition and thickness of the skin.
Dermaroller or DermaPen is used for Microneedling and the provider can combine it with platelet-rich plasma, stem cells or other serums to enhance your results.
Procedure Types for Microneedling Dubai
There are various different types of procedures for microneedling.
The specific procedure types are outlined below:
Microneedling uses microneedles measuring approximately 0.1 – 0.25 in diameter to create micro-injuries in the outer layer of your skin.
Due to these micro injuries, the body’s natural healing properties kick-off, which results in visible improvements in the resiliency and texture of your skin.
This procedure is also called as “percutaneous collagen induction” due to its reliance on new collagen to deliver results.
This entire session lasts for 45 minutes and requires the use of topical anaesthesia on thoroughly cleansed skin.
Nowadays, Microneedling is now often combined with other therapeutic medications or serums to further enhance your results.
2. Microneedling + PRP
This procedure combines Microneedling with platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
Platelet-rich plasma is derived from your blood, and due to this, it is also known as a “vampire facial”.
In this procedure, the assistant will withdraw a vial of 5-15ml of blood from a vein in your arm that is placed into a centrifuge, where the formula is created in about 15 minutes.
The platelets are isolated when the centrifuge spins and activates the release of growth factors that stimulate healing in your tissues.
While your PRP formula is being created, a practitioner will use either the rolling technique with Dermaroller or pinprick technique with Dermapen to penetrate about 2mm deep into the skin of the treatment area.
Microneedling prepares your skin for absorbing the serum before applying the PRP.
You will experience some tightness after your treatment, which would be quickly resolved as your skin adjusts and rebuilds.
Improvement takes place in fine lines, skin texture and scars, when the build-up collagen is activated, thereby allowing you to experience softer skin and see noticeable results immediately.
3. Microneedling + RF
This procedure utilizes radiofrequency with the use of a flow needle technology.
This allows radiofrequency energy to reach multiple layers below the skin’s surface when the Dermaroller or the Dermapen is moving across your skin.
The heat energy reaches into the dermis containing collagen, which is effective in stimulating the natural healing processes of the body.
4. Microneedling + PRP + Stem Cells
This procedure combines Microneedling with platelet-rich plasma and stem cells.
Moreover, it is a powerful method of targeting minor skin concerns such as:
- pore reduction
- mild wrinkles
- skin discoloration
Like Microneedling + PRP, your Microneedling + PRP + stem cells session will utilize a platelet-rich plasma created from your blood.
The medical assistant will take your blood sample and will siphon it through a centrifuge to create a growth factor stimulating formula.
Once your treatment area is numb with a topical anaesthetic or numbing cream, your provider will pass a Microneedling pen Dermapen over the skin to create microchannels over PRP area.
Finally, the Stem Cell Growth Factor Serum is applied post the Microneedling and PRP processes.
Both the PRP and the Stem Cell Growth Factor Serum are clear and will stay on the skin for the remainder of the day.
Efficacy of Microneedling Dubai
Normally, a Microneedling treatment takes about 40 minutes for a full face to 60 minutes for full face, neck, and décolletage.
Post completion of Microneedling, the provider applies serum and sunscreen to your treated areas.
You will realise that the treated skin is tighter and brighter after only a few days.
Skincare products penetrate more deeply, foundation goes on more smoothly, and overall your skin will look as well as actually be healthier.
In the short-term, your skin will be plumper, more radiant, and your pores will appear smaller.
In the long term, your skin will build collagen resulting in thicker and smoother skin.
Microneedling has been found effective in treating minor scars which were a result of wounds, acne as well as aging.
You should note that the ideal results start to show only after multiple sessions.
Microneedling is much more effective than at-home rollers.
Dermarolling has its own set of limitations and it is less efficacious in case of deep boxcar scars, linear scars,and pitted scars.
For such scenarios, it would be a great option to combine other surgical procedures so microneedling can improve its results.
Microneedling Aftercare Tips
As you must be aware, microneedling offers amazing benefits in getting and keeping your skin beautiful.
But like any good skin treatments, there are important aftercare instructions that you will need to stringently follow to get the maximum outcome of your skincare procedure.
Just relax, your skin professional will discuss post-procedure skincare following your treatment to help calm, soothe, and protect your skin.
You continue to treat the skin gently for three days after your microneedling, and you can resume your normal skincare routine after day three.
Your doctor will provide you with detailed instructions on what to do and what not to do after microneedling.
Your doctor will provide instructions specifically based on your skin type and medical history, so be extra careful to follow them.
Few microneedling aftercare tips are as follows:
- As a thumb rule, you should try reaching for sunscreen constantly for the first couple of weeks after microneedling.
- Post treatment make sure you apply sunscreen every time time you go outside for a few days.
- After your microneedling procedure, avoid spending prolonged time out in the sun, especially for the first weeks, as your skin will be more prone to sun damage than before.
- Using any kind of topical antibiotic cream is a must that your doctor would have prescribed to avoid infection.
- Avoid touching your face, and wash your hands before you touch your face.
- Don’t put on makeup using a makeup brush that has been in use before, especially during the 24 hours following your microneedling procedure.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, and situations where your skin might sweat heavily. It could also include intense workouts at the gym. The purpose is to protect your newly treated skin.
- After three days have passed, you might try to resume these activities.
What are the Things to Use and Avoid After Your Microneedling Procedure?
Following your microneedling procedure, you should consciously avoid using any kind of skincare product that contains harsh chemicals meant to exfoliate your skin.
You should also avoid anything chemical that doesn’t have scent, and don’t use glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acids.
You should avoid vitamin C serum and retinol A for the first two days, after your microneedling procedure.
Once two days have passed, you can gradually add products back into your daily beauty routine, especially if you use strong anti-aging formula products.
But do not forget to use any cleansers, toners, or scrubs, but make sure the ingredients do not have any side effects.
Many doctors suggest using Hyaluronic acid following microneedling.
This is because it helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production after your procedure.
If you think your skin is feeling dry, it is generally safe to apply coconut oil as an emollient as it locks in the moisture and hydrates your face after microneedling.
You can also try using diluted, alcohol-free witch hazel to cleanse your dry skin.
Always try to stick to using gentle, natural ingredients that you are familiar with.
Learn more about Dry Needling Therapy for Pain Management here.
Why Choose REPC?
We at REPC ensure to cater to the individual needs of each client.
We use the latest equipment for microneedling in Dubai that would help to rejuvenate your skin and make it look brighter and healthier.
Other than microneedling, we offer various other skin treatment services that include:
Bottom line for Microneedling Dubai
Microneedling in Dubai is a safe and effective procedure that will improve the appearance of your skin.
It will diminish scarring, reduce wrinkles, and tighten or rejuvenate loose or aging skin.
Aftercare post microneedling makes a massive difference in the outcome of your treatment.
Your symptoms will be soothing and you will be able to protect your screen from damage as it heals if you follow a proper schedule of aftercare post microneedling.
You have to follow the instructions given by your provider and don’t have any hesitations in asking queries.
Another related procedure is microdermabrasion. Click to learn more with our in-depth post covering all the related details.
While home microneedling is widely accessible and more comfortable than the professional version, home treatments will not provide the same results and may increase the risk of side effects.